Lair of the Magical Jellyfish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lair of the Magical Jellyfish

Aeon old nightmares Resurface

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[WAR] Faction choosing

Go down 
2 posters

Gentlemen, choose your corners!
Destruction
[WAR] Faction choosing I_vote_lcap83%[WAR] Faction choosing I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
Order
[WAR] Faction choosing I_vote_lcap17%[WAR] Faction choosing I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Shadowrender
Admin
Shadowrender

[WAR] Faction choosing Empty
PostSubject: [WAR] Faction choosing   [WAR] Faction choosing Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 1:07 pm

I know the numbers aren't fixxed yet but lets see what side we would play under if the game released now
Back to top Go down
https://magicaljellyfish.forummotion.com
Shadowchaos

Shadowchaos

PostSubject: Re: [WAR] Faction choosing   [WAR] Faction choosing Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 1:40 am

Yay, 2 votes and both destruction, but tbh I guess that it will end with destruction get the most votes.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrender
Admin
Shadowrender

PostSubject: Re: [WAR] Faction choosing   [WAR] Faction choosing Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 1:57 am

Yeah; I would like to point out that the largest group of people will not be posting to anything pre-game, as they have no desire to be anywhere near it until they can play.

These are the same people I dealt with at work, who thought I was a hacker because I could change my desktop background.

I am NOT kidding. I almost got fired. Really.

Of these people, from previous experience (and my first game online was LPMUD, so I don't know what that makes me....unless you count UWMoria, which was stellar), I think it will break down like this:

DISCLAIMER: This in no way judges the serious players; I'm just pointing out what the non-posters will be like.

50% of the non-posters will be Little Suzie Suburbia and family. Little Suzie Suburbia will always play Empire and High Elf. That means that 40% of the overwhelming majority of non-posters will be Empire, 10% will be High Elf

10% of non-posters will be 8-to-14-year-old girls. Yes, I know they're shooting for a "Teen" rating. Moms of latchkey kids aren't likely to even think about what their kids are playing. These will ALL be High Elves, except for those who fall in the next group.

30% of non-posters will be those who consider themselves "L33T." They play online games because annoying people makes them feel superior. They will be playing mostly Chosen, with about a third going for various Dark Elves (Witch Elves and anything they think looks like an assassin). So that's 20% Chosen, 10% Dark Elf.

10% (those that are left) will be all over the place; mostly Chaos and Empire; say, half Empire (a large number of Witch Hunters, I'm guessing). The rest will be mostly Chaos of various types.

So, if I'm right, here, we'll get 90% of the players will be non-posting people, and 10% will be the rest of us. So, roughly 60% Order, 40% Destruction, with most of the Destruction being Dark Elf mage/assassin-looking or Chosen (the overwhelming majority).

I'm expecting about 4% Greenskin, less than 1% Dwarf. If the most probable occurs, and people aren't swayed by the cinematic.

Of course, that means, of the posting fans, 40% will be Greenskin, 10% Dwarf, but I think that's because in Warhammer, Greenies are 'way cool. But, since I think the posting fans are going to be massively outnumbered by the ignorant, they will just be a small statistical "bump" in the majority Empire/Chaos/Elfy zerg.

Now, of course, this majority may not be USEFUL. L33T players are usually horrible at coordinating with a group, since they care more about their personal egos (think of it as online masturbation) than about teamwork, which they haven't the attention-span for (and think it's beneath them, or "cheating," depending on the individual). Suzie Homemaker and her kids want to help the team, but they're about as smart as a loaf of Wonder bread. Sadly, she thinks of Kraft pre-sliced American Cheese as "exotic." She's, lately, been considering trying another type of pasta other than macaroni or spaghetti, but she's afraid the PTA wouldn't approve.

She's as useful in combat as a lump of hamburger helper, which is what she's making, tonight.

So, we'll get a massive overwhelming majority of Empire/HE and a significant amount of Chaos/DE sort of flailing around, being useless. But, by and large, in RvR, Destruction will be much more effective, as a large number of posting players will be on that side, and will be grouping with other effective people. Their annoying idiots will not be bringing about the destruction of the group, because they don't PLAY in a group; and the few groups they make will be with other "L33T" idiots attempting to grief-play, since they look down on the non-L33T.

On the Order side, you'll get a bunch of intelligent people trying to herd a horde of geese (read that, "morons") in the general direction of combat, where their team will make a number of bad decisions, resulting in the massacre of the group. Think Albs in DAoC. The smart guys can't get anyone to play smart, and will either repeatedly die, or end up making more intelligent groups, and going off on their own, causing the larger battle to be lost, as Destruction mows through the horde without even pausing for the occasional bathroom break.

"Dude, what kind of tactics did he load? Protection from Tree Blight??"

So, think of it like, You in the Empire have a 10-1 advantage; sadly, all your warriors are halfling pig-farmers (except a small percentage). They're cute and tasty, but otherwise not worth training or feeding.

"Ah! Here comes the enemy. tick tick tick *DING* Oh, it's time for a beer break!"

"Hey, there, fellah, mind helping with the battle?"

"Sorry, beer break; Union Rules."

So, these are my expectations.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrender
Admin
Shadowrender

PostSubject: Re: [WAR] Faction choosing   [WAR] Faction choosing Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 7:20 pm

If everyone has voted (if not please vote Very Happy )
then I assume we are finished with it

It's destruction

So that means a) we all play destruction
b) we choose a server for the order people and a server flor destruction people
or
c) order players and destruction players play on the same server

What do you thinK?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WAR] Faction choosing   [WAR] Faction choosing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[WAR] Faction choosing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lair of the Magical Jellyfish :: Mindless entertainement :: Cybernetic entertainement-
Jump to: